SOURCE: Perspectives on History
by Victoria Saker Woeste
The awarding of $25 million in damages from the organizers of the Unite the Right rally to nine people injured in the violence are not enough of a penalty to stop the political mobilization of antisemitism in the new white nationalist coalition.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Michelle Kelley
“History provides lessons on how to pit popular culture against Internet hate speech and racist propaganda.”
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
In her new book Donna Zuckerberg explains how the Alt-Right have adopted the classics and why.
by Audrea Lim
How the 'Model minority" myth blends with racist ideology.
SOURCE: New Republic
by Josephine Livingstone
The alt right is appropriating medieval studies and classical scholarship. What can academics do to stop them?
by Jeffrey Herf
What we do – and do not – have to worry about.
by Ed Simon
Once again Donald Trump caters to the white racists who helped elect him.
Salon suggests Paul Gottfried, "a retired Jewish political historian,” was a founder of the Alt-Right
It was Gottfried who coined the term Alt-Right. (He also came up with Paleoconservative.)
SOURCE: The Conversation
by George Michael
How did the movement gain traction in recent years? And now that Trump has won, could the alt-right change the American political landscape?
- The Battle over Reproductive Freedom Still Rages at Dr. George Tiller's Former Clinic
- How Decades of Coal Mining Left West Virginia Vulnerable to Flooding
- Can 500 Dinner Discussions Bring Atlantans to Recognition and Reconciliation over the 1906 Race Massacre?
- Remember Vin Scully With His Classic Call of the Last Outs of Sandy Koufax's Perfect Game
- How Trumpism Changed the Claremont Institute (and Vice-Versa)
- Katherine Stewart Joins Jane Coaston to Discuss the Rise of Christian Nationalism
- Edward Miller on the Resurfacing of Bircher Conspiratorialism on the Right Today
- Review: Two Books on the Recent History of Polarization
- Corey Robin on the Enigma of Clarence Thomas
- Review: David Sehat on the Struggle to Make a Secular America