When the Supreme Court Justice called COVID restrictions "the greatest intrusions on civil liberties in the peacetime history of this country" he seems to have revealed his own view that the rights of white men are the ones that count.
SOURCE: New York Magazine
"Now we have one Supreme Court justice identifying with Trump’s alleged horror of post-Election Night uncertainty, and two Supreme Court justices pointing the way to a state legislative hijacking of the results."
SOURCE: Think Progress
by Ian Millhiser
The confirmation process broke a quarter century ago, and no one noticed.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
That's not to say that nobody has ever come close.
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel