SOURCE: History channel
Melvil Dewey is remembered today as an innovator who ushered American librarianship into the modern age, but his pattern of sexual harassment was so egregious that women dared to speak out against it, at a time when women were harshly judged for reporting sexual harassment.
Dr. William V. Harris, a renowned Greco-Roman historian, was accused of harassing grad students.
NYT details the complaints against Greco-Roman historian William V. Harris.
SOURCE: Law firm of Sanford Heisler Sharp (Press Release)
"In the wake of a lawsuit alleging that tenured professor William V. Harris sexually harassed a female graduate student, Columbia University yesterday announced that Harris was withdrawing from teaching and all other student-related activities.”
- Black Family and Kansas History Converge at Nicodemus Reunion
- Law is Unclear Whether Public College Faculty Have Free Speech Rights in Classroom
- Recovering the Story of the Black Men who were the Nation's First Paramedics
- U of Idaho Advises Faculty of Legal Jeopardy for Discussing Abortion in Classrooms
- The Long Shadow of Pinochet Over Chile's Constitutional Referendum
- Misha Matsumoto Yee is Gilder Lehrman's History Teacher of the Year
- Aaron Burr: The Highest Ranking US Official to be Charged with Treason – So Far?
- When Italian Immigrants were Tricked into Debt Peonage in the Jim Crow South
- Joshua Tait: Will Thiel-Backed Extremists Torpedo GOP Senate Hopes?
- Marcus Weaver-Hightower on the Politics of School Lunch