Meghan Markle, The Royal Family, Right Wing Media Animus and The Specter of Deeply Entrenched Racism!
by Elwood Watson
"Whatever potential shenanigans the public relations team at Buckingham Palace has, or rather had, planned to combat the Winfrey interview, it would certainly be wise for them to say nothing now."
SOURCE: Public Seminar
by Claire Potter
What, exactly, did we learn about racism from Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview? Perhaps the unspoken parts of the story are important.
SOURCE: Der Spiegel
Racism, White Supremacy and the British Royal Family
by Brooke Newman
The treatment of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle by the royal family is a huge missed opportunity for leadership as denial of racism is growing in Britain.
SOURCE: History channel
Why the Royal Family Used to Forbid Marriage After Divorce
Until 2002, the Church of England, of which the monarch is the head, would not recognize the marriage of any divorced person whose ex-spouse was still living.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Britain’s black queen: Will Meghan Markle really be the first mixed-race royal?
Some historians suspect that Queen Charlotte, the wife of King George III who bore the king 15 children, was of African descent.
- A Secret Joke Clouds Harvard's Affirmative Action Case
- An Amateur Historian Helped Find Richard III's Remains Under a Parking Garage. Her Story Hits the Screen
- Why LAUSD Teachers Walked Out
- The Role of US Evangelicals in Radicalizing Ugandans Against LGBTQ Rights
- Culture Warrior Chris Rufo is DeSantis's Most Important Ally
- The PR War for Cancer Awareness has Reduced the Stigma, but not the Cost, of Illness
- The Jim Crow Reign of Terror
- Francesca Morgan Dissects the American Obsession with Genealogy
- Florida Legislation Recalls the Tragic History behind Fights for Sex Education
- Kate Strasdin Breaks Down Authenticity on Bridgerton and other Costume Dramas