SOURCE: The Nation
by Eric Alterman
The American foreign policy establishment was once obsessed with undermining Nicaragua's leftist Sandinista government under Daniel Ortega. But today, when Ortega is carrying out a political second act as an authoritarian populist, US policy is limited to unleashing the Border Patrol on Nicaraguans fleeing repression, violence and poverty.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Andrew Thomson
The arrest of Silvercorp mercenaries in Venezuela echoes a long history of the U.S. government supporting private troops to overthrow foreign governments.
by Rebecca Gordon
Nicaragua at the barricades.
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism