SOURCE: The Atlantic
With a memoir titled "political prisoner," Paul Manafort "now places himself in the same category as the victims of rape and beatings whose suffering he was once handsomely paid to minimize."
"The other big story is that his agenda and his methods are being continued at the state level. These states are really laboratories of autocracy now, like Florida, Texas."
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Max Boot
"What has made dictators and demagogues so dangerous is their ability to pull vast numbers of people into their personal delusions — to turn their paranoid fantasies and megalomaniacal dreams into a harsh reality for millions."
The PBS documentary series provides modern-day resonance -- a guide to tyrants of the past, conveying lessons on how those tactics can be employed in the present.
- Will Midwest Governors Challenge Florida's Conservative Education Agenda?
- Is a Third Intifada Imminent?
- DeSantis's War on Universities Goes Beyond the Influential "Powell Memo"
- Anthropologist on Gathering Family History: Ask Your Elders the Right Questions
- Irony Alert: GOP Stages Anti-Socialist Show Vote while Preparing to Convene in the Most Socialist City in America