by Christopher M. Bishop
Until this month, slavery was the only other issue that seriously threatened the unity of American Methodism.
SOURCE: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
by Jonathon Zimmerman
The Methodist Church turned away from human equality last week. It's on the wrong side of history, but it will right itself soon enough.
- Watching 'Chernobyl': How Important Are Visuals for Understanding History?
- The Surprising Things Arctic Ice Can Tell Us About Human History
- 'History on a stick’ signs disappearing too fast to keep up
- Colin Palmer, Historian of the African Diaspora, Is Dead at 75
- What and Whom Are Jewish Museums For?