Booker T. Washington
The Strange Case of Booker T. Washington’s Birthday
by Bill Black
A history teacher's saga of the verification of a seemingly simple fact shows that sources may not always be reliable, and that our knowledge of many facts is the product of historians' labor.
Vernon Johns: An Often Forgotten Controversial Civil Rights Activist
by M. Andrew Holowchak
Johns was a critical figure in the push for racial equality, chiefly because he was not merely a pusher, but also a shover.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations