by Danielle Taana Smith
American leaders have failed to learn from the past and are staking the nation's health to competition with foreign adversaries instead of improvement of American lives.
by Andrew Bacevich
The release of Stephen Wertheim's book shoud prompt a reconsideration of American intervention abroad.
SOURCE: NY Times
by Ian Buruma
Mr. Trump is taking a wrecking ball to the world order.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by George Packer
What the life of Richard Holbrooke tells us about the decay of Pax Americana.
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time