SOURCE: Washington Times (AP)
Research for the project was led by a Mississippi Valley State University student and history professor C. Sade Turnipseed.
by Naom Cohen
The Facebook CEO invoked the civil-rights era to justify kowtowing to money and power. It doesn’t wash.
SOURCE: NY Times
Two cultural projects that examine the Alabama city’s role in the civil rights movement are drawing throngs of visitors and encouraging a surge of downtown construction.
- The 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre: Looking Back, Looking Ahead: May 19
- Society of American Historians Announces 2021 Prize Winners
- Studying History Should not be Only for the Elite, Say Academics
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents