SOURCE: Tokyo Review
The China-related story that most agitated the minds of Japanese academia this fall was undoubtedly the arrest of Iwatani Nobu, a professor of modern Chinese history at Hokkaidō University, detained in early September on suspicion of spying during a trip to Beijing.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
Trump is “a manifestation of the ugliness that’s in us,” Princeton’s Eddie Glaude Jr. told MSNBC.
SOURCE: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Fang Zhou’s comments are the latest made by faculty members and students at Georgia’s public colleges and universities to come under fire.
- Boston Refused to Close Schools During the 1918 Flu. Then Children Began to Die
- Trump Won’t Win by Doubling-Down on his Racist Appeals but the Right’s Open Bigotry Comes at a Cost
- What to Stream: A Blazing Interview with Orson Welles By Richard Brody
- Trump’s Attack on the Postal Service Is a Threat to Democracy—and to Rural America
- Kamala Harris and the Growing Political Power of Black Women