American history professor Manisha Sinha discusses the recent push to remove statues of non-Confederate figures.
SOURCE: Florida State University News
"Jim used to laugh that students would approach him to say that he’d taught their parents, to which Jim would reply, ‘and how’s your grandmother/grandfather, whom I also taught?’"
SOURCE: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
The flag is the only surviving example of 11 similar flags painted by David Bustill Bowser, a Philadelphia sign-painter, portraitist and anti-slavery activist.
SOURCE: Lancaster Online
The flag represents the 127th Regiment of the U.S. Colored Troops and is being sold by the Grand Army of the Republic Museum in Philadelphia to bolster the museum’s finances.
- Studying History Should not be Only for the Elite, Say Academics
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents
- France Battles Over Whether to "Cancel" or Celebrate Napoleon
- West Virginia Univ. Researcher Wins Carnegie Award for Study of Appalachian Feminism