SOURCE: The Economist
For centuries British artists edited baby bumps out of their work. Why?
SOURCE: Nursing Clio
by Lara Freidenfelds
In my new book The Myth of the Perfect Pregnancy: A History of Miscarriage in America, I set out to write the history of our modern culture of childbearing in the US, and how it has produced our expectation of perfect pregnancies.
SOURCE: Washington Post
by Rachel Chrastil
The long history of childlessness can help us to debunk myths, tell our stories and expand the range of our possibilities.
- The 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre: Looking Back, Looking Ahead: May 19
- Society of American Historians Announces 2021 Prize Winners
- Studying History Should not be Only for the Elite, Say Academics
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents