SOURCE: The Telegraph
November 2, 2019
'History should not be airbrushed', historians complain as Wolverhampton's role in record-breaking balloon flight left out of Aeronauts film
by Sophie Barnes
The Aeronauts film has come under fire by a historian who has warned history should not be “airbrushed” after Wolverhampton’s role in a record-breaking balloon flight was left out of the film.
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Sunday Reading: Hiroshima
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- Black Americans Who Served in WWII Faced Segregation and Second-Class Roles
- Lincoln Library Cancels Exhibition Over Racial Sensitivity Concerns
- Nixon Did Call the Military on Protesters. He Just Covered It Up.
- Historians Pay Tribute: ‘Today We Live In John Hume’s Ireland, And Thank God For That’
- Let Us Drink in Public