by Bruce Chadwick
Despite its drawbacks, Midway is a rip-roaring military saga and a testament to the men who won it.
SOURCE: The Washington Post
November 8, 2019
by Michael E. Ruane
Two sunken Japanese aircraft carriers were found weeks before the movie about the World War II battle opens
Advance intelligence helped the Allies turn the tables on Japan in this crucial World War II naval battle.
- Documentary on the Last Slave Ship to Arrive in the United States Takes on Questions of Memorializing Racist Violence
- The Underground Network of Ministers and Rabbis Aiding Abortion Access Before Roe
- At its 50th Reunion, La Raza Unida Asks How to Pass the Torch
- US Neglect of Puerto Rico is in the News, but the Main Historical Relationship has been Abuse
- Will SCOTUS Revisit the Second Class Citizenship of American Samoans?
- Sergey Radchenko on Putin's Mobilization Speech
- A Finnish Historian's Ambitious Rethinking of Native American History Draws Praise and Criticism
- National Archives Exhibition Challenges the Meritocratic, Democratic Myths of American Sports
- The Defeat of Identity Politics
- How Ideology Shapes America's View on the World