SOURCE: NY Times
What Will the Next Decade Bring? The 1920s Offer an Answer
by Ted Widmer
It has been a long time since the winter of 1920, but the old fault lines are still visible.
SOURCE: Society of U.S. Intellectual History
U-USIH Examines the Biggest Developments of the Past Decade
by Tim Lacy
A Decade in Review: Cultural Markers, Keywords, and Other (Totally Subjective) Noteworthy Things
SOURCE: Popular Mechanics
‘Here We Go. The Chaos Is Starting’: An Oral History of Y2K
Once upon a time, we all thought the world was going to end on January 1, 2000. Two decades after the panic of the century, it’s time to finally hear from the people who spent years—and billions of dollars—making sure it didn’t.
- To Understand Antivaxers, Consider Aristotle
- Howard Schultz Gets Roasted More than Starbucks Beans by Senators
- A Secret Joke Clouds Harvard's Affirmative Action Case
- An Amateur Historian Helped Find Richard III's Remains Under a Parking Garage. Her Story Hits the Screen
- Why LAUSD Teachers Walked Out