SOURCE: American Prospect
Everybody Hates the SBA
How did one of the most addled government agencies end up as our last line of pandemic defense? The answer lies in the agency's history of capture by large business interests.
Wall Street Wins – Again: Bailouts in the Time of Coronavirus
by Nomi Prins
If ground-up solutions to help ordinary Americans and small businesses aren’t adopted, one thing is predictable: once this crisis has been “managed,” we’ll be set up for a larger one in an even more disparate world.
SOURCE: New York Times
Don’t Feel Sorry for the Airlines
by Tim Wu
Before providing airlines any assistance, we must demand that they change how they treat their customers and employees.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of