Historians David K. Johnston and Kassia St. Clair comment on the social and technological changes that helped make the color a secret, then open, political symbol.
SOURCE: Smithsonian Magazine
From kitsch to cool, ride the waves of undulating popularity of a tropical fashion statement.
Have you been wearing sweatpants everyday? Listen to fashion historian Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell discuss how the coronavirus may impact people's style choices.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Einav Rabinovitch-Fox
Historian Einav Rabinovitch-Fox discusses how clothing has promoted social distancing since the bubonic plague.
- Studying History Should not be Only for the Elite, Say Academics
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents
- France Battles Over Whether to "Cancel" or Celebrate Napoleon
- West Virginia Univ. Researcher Wins Carnegie Award for Study of Appalachian Feminism