SOURCE: Public Books
by Pablo Pryluka
Although the Tennessee Valley Authority was a pioneering public works project, its alumni worked in Latin America to advance redevelopment projects that elevated the authority of big business, a model now associated with the neoliberal turn in the developed world.
SOURCE: The National (UAE)
Investing in Energy and Projects Helped Pave the Way Out of the Great Depression: It Can Now Help Build a Greener World
The convergence of the climate crisis and the COVID emergency means that governments should invest now in the infrastructure needed to speed the transition to a carbon-free energy system.
- Opinion: If U.S. Museums Say Black Lives Matter, then they Should Return Africa’s Stolen Art
- In Israel’s Rising Violence, Ripples From 1948
- A Famed Folk Singer Won a Presidential Pardon after Molesting a Child. Did He Prey on Others?
- Officials Apologize for Deadly Police Shooting at a Black College in 1970
- Racist Attacks Revive Asian American Studies Program Demand