SOURCE: Los Angeles Times
by Diane Mendoza Nevárez
"When UC treats lecturers as gig workers, they deny students access to the mentorship crucial for student retention and success."
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
by Steve Mintz
Tenure's defenders need to link the protection not only to the interests of the select few faculty who enjoy its protections but to the broader trajectory of academic institutions.
SOURCE: NBC News
As budgets are stricken and mass layoffs become routine, scholars of all levels are fighting back to make sure diversity in academia won’t become collateral damage in the pandemic.
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong