SOURCE: National Interest
The landing boat made famous on the beaches of Normandy was rumored to have been designed for liquor smugglers during Prohibition.
SOURCE: New York Review of Books
A new book blames British Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery's thirst for glory for Operation Market Garden, an ill-fated effort to drop airborne troops behind the Rhine River to accelerate the Allied invasion of Germany.
- Hank Aaron's Lasting Impact is Measured in More than Home Runs
- Hank Aaron's 715th, Called by Vin Scully
- Washington Must Treat White Supremacist Terrorism as a Transnational Threat
- Charlottesville Inspired Biden to Run. Now It Has a Message for Him
- Biden Revokes Trump Report Promoting "Patriotic Education"
- How Tuskegee Airmen Fought Military Segregation With Nonviolent Action
- What the History of the Ku Klux Klan Can Teach Us about the Capitol Riot
- Reconstruction Era Expert On Why Politicians Use Terms Unity And Healing
- The COVID-19 Vaccination Drive May be Slow—But it’s Already Faster than Any in History
- Operation Desert Shirt