SOURCE: Boston Review
Activist Derecka Purnell interviews Elizabeth Hinton about her new book "America on Fire" and the need to think about urban unrest in political, not criminal or psychological, terms.
by Christopher Tomlins
Nat Turner followed his evangelical faith to challenge a profane and degenerate slaveholding regime. Today's white evangelical Christians must decide whether to support the successor of that regime.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Kellie Carter Jackson
Many people are asking if violence is a valid means of producing social change. The hard and historical answer is yes. Riots have a way of magnifying not merely the flaws in the system, but also the strength of those in power.
- John Shelby Spong, 90, Liberalizing Episcopal Leader
- Alabama Begins to Remove Racist Language from State Constitution
- Looking for the Gold Rush Town of Chinese Camp
- "The Eyes of Tammy Faye": When the GOP Got in Bed with the Christian Right
- Can This Group Bring Political Interference Under Control at UNC?