SOURCE: Black Perspectives
by Scott N. Brooks and Aram Goudsouzian
"Maybe most important, Rudolph was a real Black woman, not a stereotype. The Olympics lent her a special platform at a unique moment in American history, and Rudolph capitalized upon it with grace."
SOURCE: Running Magazine
The Australian sprinter stood in solidarity with Tommie Smith and John Carlos at the Olympics in Mexico City.
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong