SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
by Julio Capó, Jr.
Today's LGBTQ movement must recall its roots in the defense of marginalized groups against state power. Today, LGBTQ immigrants including the undocumented are among the most vulnerable.
SOURCE: ABC News
"The decision comes as event organizers reckon with the legacy of brutality and abuse against the LGBTQ community by police that they say still continues today."
SOURCE: San Francisco State University
Professor of History Marc Stein looks back at 50 years of celebration, resistance at LGBT pride parades
The historian and author of “The Stonewall Riots: A Documentary History” answers questions about the past, present and future of LGBT pride parades.
- John Shelby Spong, 90, Liberalizing Episcopal Leader
- Alabama Begins to Remove Racist Language from State Constitution
- Looking for the Gold Rush Town of Chinese Camp
- "The Eyes of Tammy Faye": When the GOP Got in Bed with the Christian Right
- Can This Group Bring Political Interference Under Control at UNC?