SOURCE: The Baffler
by Matt Wehmeier
"Decisive political moments are rarely expected, and even more rarely planned. Governments change all the time. But every once in a while, empires fall."
SOURCE: The New York Times
Mr. Jakes “came to be seen as the epitome of an out-of-touch Communist Party functionary,” said professor Mary Heimann.
- What the Cuban Missile Crisis Tells Us About Putin's Possible Intentions
- TikTok Spurs Frenzy over Fake Photos of Nanjing Atrocities
- Justice Jackson's Questioning in Voting Rights Case Shows History Won't be Left to Court's Right Wing
- The "Stolen Babies" of Fascist Spain Seek the Truth
- What Lizzo Can Teach the Right about History
- How the US Thwarted Radical Revolution in Mexico
- Matthew Delmont Examines How Black Americans Saw the Second World War
- Pekka Hamalainen's Ambitious Book Reinforces Some Old Myths (Review)
- Patty Limerick Speaks on Her Dismissal from CU's Center of the American West
- New Archaeology of Lost Crops Shows the Reign of Corn Wasn't Inevitable