SOURCE: The New Republic
by Audrey Clare Farley
White evangelicals need to come to grips with the way that institutional racism gives rise to sexual abuse.
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
by Alicia K. Jackson
"In reality, much of African American history is the story of Americans creating their own sense of sanctuary in a land that often seems antithetical to their presence and their needs."
SOURCE: The Lily
Southern Baptist Leaders Called Kamala Harris a ‘Jezebel.’ That’s not just Insulting, it’s Dangerous, Experts Say
Religious Studies scholar Jessica Johnson says that the "Jezebel" trope used against Harris connects suspicion of women's power, old southern stereotypes of Black women as morally deficient, and present-day White Christian Nationalism.
SOURCE: The Way of Improvement
by John Fea
The Southern Baptist Convention faces a split over some leaders' insistence that the academic theories of intersectionality and critical race theory are contrary to scripture.
SOURCE: The New York Times
Ph.D. candidate in history Jemar Tisby reviews "White Too Long: The Legacy of White Supremacy in American Christianity."
- 1957 Jerry Jones Photo Shows How Close The Past Really Is
- "Nutcracker" Rooted in Dark Parts of Russian History
- Black Germans Hope to Change Name of Berlin's "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Metro Station
- DeSantis-Backed School Boards Flex Power to Oust District Leaders
- Separating Good and Silly Criticism of FIRE in the Campus Speech Debate