Your Weather Forecast Update: Warmer Climate Will Be The New 'Normal'
The National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) has released its ten-year updates to its "normal" temperature standards. Based on 30 years of data, higher temperatures are indeed "the new normal."
SOURCE: New York Times
America Has Two Feet. It's About to Lose One of Them
Although only a handful of specialized professionals are aware of the difference between two standard measurements of a foot, confusion among the standards has the potential to complicate architecture, meteorology, and surveying.
- How Tina Turner Escaped Abuse and Reclaimed her Name
- The Biden Administration Wants to Undo the Damage of Urban Highways. It Won't be Simple
- AAUP: Fight Tooth and Nail Against Florida's Higher Ed Agenda Because Your State is Next
- Texas GOP's Ten Commandments School Bill Fails
- Former Alabama Governors: We Regret Overseeing Executions
- Jeff Sharlet on the Intersectional Erotics of Fascism
- Scholars Stage Teach-in on Racism in DeSantis's Back Yard
- Paul Watanabe, Historian and Manzanar Survivor, Makes Sure History Isn't Forgotten
- Massachusetts-Based Historians: Book Bans in Florida Affect Us, Too
- Deborah Lipstadt's Work Abroad as Antisemitism Envoy Complicated by Definitional Dispute