SOURCE: New York Times
In “The Kidnapping Club,” the historian Jonathan Daniel Wells describes the circle of slave catchers and police officers who terrorized New York’s Black population in the three decades before the Civil War.
- Opinion: If U.S. Museums Say Black Lives Matter, then they Should Return Africa’s Stolen Art
- In Israel’s Rising Violence, Ripples From 1948
- A Famed Folk Singer Won a Presidential Pardon after Molesting a Child. Did He Prey on Others?
- Officials Apologize for Deadly Police Shooting at a Black College in 1970
- Racist Attacks Revive Asian American Studies Program Demand