SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Tom Nichols
The "Hillbilly Elegy" author's standing as an honest voice on the right vanished as he decided embracing Trumpism was necessary for his Senate campaign.
"It strips out Vance’s sociopolitical commentary entirely, which, however you feel about the commentary, leaves the story without an all-important ingredient: a political and sociological point."
- The Border Patrol Helped Create the "Browning" of America
- Charles Blow: ‘The Lost Cause’ Is Back
- Washington and Lee Names New Academic Center for Teaching Race after Ted Delaney
- Revisiting Portland a Year after the Rioting
- The Unmaking of Biblical Womanhood: Prof. Beth Allison Barr's Historical Challenge to Evangelical Gender Roles