This Independence Day, Celebrate and Carry On America's Past Generosity
by William Lambers
As we celebrate America’s birthday on July 4th, let’s remember how our nation’s generosity has aided many hungry and oppressed people around the world.
Norway Apologizes for Persecuting WWII “German Girls”
Women who consorted with Nazi soldiers were attacked, shunned and deported after the war.
Norway Again Embraces the Vikings, Minus the Violence
Formerly a teacher and jewelry maker in Denmark, Jeppe Nordmann Garly last month began a new job on a hillside campus in central Norway as the director of Scandinavia’s first government-funded training course on how to live like a Viking.
SOURCE: Heritage Daily
Norwegian Vikings purchased silk from Persia
Norway was deeply involved in the silk trade.
SOURCE: Huffington Post
Rumored Nazi Tunnels In Norway To Be Explored Using 3D Radar
A former history teacher hopes to use ground-penetrating radar to uncover a network of Nazi tunnels believed to be beneath Oslo's city streets.
SOURCE: The Local (Norway)
Iron age horse found as Norway glacier melts
The Lendbreen glacier near Lillehammer yields its secrets.
Norwegian guerrilla warfare in the Iron Age
This is the crux of a doctoral dissertation that researcher Ingrid Ystgaard will defend this spring at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. She has studied weapons found in graves and the battle techniques they suggest during the transition from the early to the late Iron Age. The division between these periods was around 500 AD....
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- US House "Parental Rights" Bill Threatens to Take Book Banning Nationwide
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History