by Alon Ben-Meir
If the recent cease-fire between Israel and Hamas holds, many may be tempted to push for renewing a negotiated peace process. This is skipping the vital and difficult work of reconciliation that is necessary to a just peace.
SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
by Benny Morris
"The chaos in the towns of Lydda, Ramle, Haifa, Umm al-Fahm and Acre is a dim echo of the civil war between Palestine’s Jewish and Arab communities that engulfed the country during the first months of the 1948 war."
Middle East Historian: Biden Administration is 'Complicit in Shielding Israel' from International Pressure
Historian Rashid Khalidi discusses the conflict with Andrea Mitchell and argues that the Biden administration's support is protecting Israel from pressure from other nations to stop air strikes in Gaza or negotiate with Hamas.
SOURCE: New York Times
A new Israeli television series represents one of the nation's few high-profile examinations of the 1973 Yom Kippur War, and examines the toll of trauma on veterans.
- Critical Race Theory Battle Invades School Boards — with Help from Conservative Groups
- The Rise and Fall of an American Tech Giant
- ‘Cynical and Illegitimate’: Higher-Ed Groups Assail Legislative Efforts to Restrict Teaching of Racism
- Congress Is Poised To Take Back Some Of Its War Powers From The President
- Racist Mural Puts Tate Galleries in a Bind
- Capitalism American-Style: A Financial History of the United States
- Event: History Matters with Annette Gordon-Reed, Historian & Author, “On Juneteenth” (Friday, June 18)
- The Freeing of the American Mind
- Lost Cause: 50 Years of the Drug War in Latin America
- Amazon’s Greatest Weapon Against Unions: Worker Turnover