SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
by Crystal R. Sanders
Segregated state higher education systems long neglected the responsibility to support graduate and professional education for Black residents, to the point of funding scholarships to send Black students out of state rather than allow the growth of professional and graduate programs in their states.
- Studying History Should not be Only for the Elite, Say Academics
- How Malcolm X Inspired John Coltrane to Embrace Islamic Spirituality
- Connecticut Professor Sends Controversial Anti-1619 Project Email Blast to Public School Superintendents
- France Battles Over Whether to "Cancel" or Celebrate Napoleon
- West Virginia Univ. Researcher Wins Carnegie Award for Study of Appalachian Feminism