Ted Cruz imagines that the partisan affiliation of Jim Crow segregationists is a "gotcha" against the Democratic Party today, which only makes sense if you ignore everything that's happened since 1964.
SOURCE: New York Times
Powerful Southern conservatives Strom Thurmond, Sam Ervin, and James Eastland led the 1970 filibuster that stopped the Senate from approving a constitutional amendment to elect the president by the popular vote.
- 2,500 Years Ago, the Philosopher Anaxagoras Brought Science’s Spirit to Athens
- ‘One Oppressive Economy Begets Another’
- Historians Say the Newark Museum’s Plan to Deaccession Art at Sotheby’s Will Inflict ‘Irreparable Damage’
- FBI Releases File On Suspicions Raised About Kurt Cobain’s 1994 Death
- The Bloody History of Anti-Asian Violence in the West