SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
by Julian Zelizer
Wilbur Mills's reckless public conduct, culminating in drunkenly hijacking the microphone at a performance by his mistress, an exotic dancer with the stage name of Fanne Foxe, led to reform of the sclerotic seniority system that gave old Southern conservatives a stranglehold on legislation.
- Biden Defends Bull Connor Analogy for Opponents of Voting Rights Bill
- Museum of Natural History in New York Removes Theodore Roosevelt Statue
- Another Hendrix Legacy Lawsuit: Family Seeks to Block Royalty Claim by Heirs of Bandmates
- A Texas-Born Princess and Former Scandalous Washington Wife May Lose Roman Villa in Epic Inheritance Fight
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?