SOURCE: Public Orthodoxy
by Aram G. Sarkisian
"Scholars and other observers are noting the growing links between Orthodox Christianity and the American alt-right."
SOURCE: New York Times
by Kristin Kobes Du Mez
"Understanding that beliefs have a history does not preclude a commitment to truths outside of history. But it does prompt believers to consider how historical forces and cultural allegiances may have shaped their own deeply held convictions."
by Zachary M. Schrag
Rick Santorum's dismissive take on Native American history led to his ouster at CNN. But his remarks also glossed over a violent history of Protestant intolerance that should be a warning to us today about the danger of the idea that only one creed is truly American.
by Jeremy Sabella
The religious history of America shows a restorationist impulse to seek a return to an idealized past. Without reckoning with the totality of that past, the restorationist project dangerously eliminates accountability.
- Will SCOTUS Uphold Claim of Heirs for Return of Pissarro Painting Stolen by Nazis?
- Outcry over Sparse Representation of Jews in Movie History at New Academy Museum in Hollywood
- 60 Minutes Report: Who Betrayed Anne Frank?
- Rev. William Barber II: Voting Rights Not Just a Black Issue
- Manchin and Sinema are Fulfilling John Roberts's Vision
- More Enslaved Africans Came to the Americas Through this Port than Anywhere Else. Why Have so Few Heard of It?
- How one WWII Division Set the Stage for Modern Skiing
- Annette Gordon-Reed: Don't Accept "Cuddly" King Image
- New Book Challenges Civil War Myths in Maryland
- Ambushed in Eufaula: Alabama's Forgotten Racist Massacre