SOURCE: New York Times
White-owned newspapers – northern, southern, midwestern or western – frequently inflamed racial tensions and contributed to racist political violence and disenfranchisement.
- John Shelby Spong, 90, Liberalizing Episcopal Leader
- Alabama Begins to Remove Racist Language from State Constitution
- Looking for the Gold Rush Town of Chinese Camp
- "The Eyes of Tammy Faye": When the GOP Got in Bed with the Christian Right
- Can This Group Bring Political Interference Under Control at UNC?