Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
In Florence, the need for bars and restaurants to serve food and drinks in a socially distanced manner has seen a medieval architectural oddity revived.
Researchers Uncover Ancient Grape DNA That Tells the Prolific History of Wine
Grape seeds dating back to medieval and Roman periods share many similarities with the wine grapes we enjoy today.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
What 3,700-Year-Old Wine Tasted Like
Archaeologists reveal the "sweet, strong" flavor of ancient booze, and wonder whether they might be able to recreate it.
SOURCE: The Guardian
Italian archaeologists have grape expectations of their ancient wine
Archeologists in Italy have set about making red wine exactly as the ancient Romans did, to see what it tastes like.
Mandela family launches wine collection in Miami
For decades, Nelson Mandela's name has been synonymous with political reform and the struggle against South African apartheid.Now with the launch of House of Mandela Wines, his daughter and granddaughter hope to add fine wine to the list of associations.It's a sign of just how far both the wine industry and the country have come since 1994, when apartheid was dismantled and Mandela was elected the nation's first black president...
- Chair of Florida Charter School Board on Firing of Principal: About Policy, Not David Statue
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History