SOURCE: Wall Street Journal
As the younger brother of the Austrian emperor, Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian was a perfect figurehead for Napoleon III of France's efforts to create a puppet regime in Mexico. Things didn't go the way he hoped.
- How the Pandemic and Anti-Asian Violence Spurred 2 States to Change History Lessons
- Is Old Music Killing New Music?
- Will SCOTUS Take the Opportunity to Ban Race-Conscious Admissions?
- One National Republican Wants (Narrow) Action to Tighten up Electoral Count Act
- New Film "Munich" Offers Revised and (Somewhat) Sympathetic Portrait of Chamberlain