This Paleoanthropologist is Unraveling the Mystery of How Humans Started Eating Meat
"Every time I got to pull a bone out of the ground it literally felt like reaching through time. I was touching a bone that hadn’t been touched for a million and a half years — it was magical" – Briana Pobiner.
SOURCE: New York Times
Rutger Bregman: Despite Everything, Humans Aren't the Worst
Kara Swisher's "Sway" podcast features Rutger Bregman's defense of the human potential for good, and the need to create the social structures in which genius can thrive.
SOURCE: Scientific American
Humans Are Doomed to Extinction
by Henry Gee
From the perspective of a natural historian, humanity has had a good run, but "I suspect that the human population is set not just for shrinkage but collapse—and soon."
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations