In 1874 a group of Black Republicans who came to the town of Eufaula to vote were ambushed by white mobs, part of the Democratic overthrow of Reconstruction and a step toward reestablishing white supremacy in the state.
- Evelyn Brooks Higginbotham on the AP Af-Am Studies Controversy
- 600 African American Studies Faculty Sign Open Letter in Defense of AP African American Studies
- Organization of American Historians Statement on AP African American Studies
- Historians on DeSantis and the Fight Over Black History
- How the Right Got Waco Wrong