SOURCE: Washington Post
The Racist Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment was Exposed 50 Years Ago
The study ran for 40 years, as nearly 400 Black men were diagnosed with syphilis but denied care so that scientists could study the progression of the disease, even after penicillin was available as an effective and safe treatment.
SOURCE: Associated Press
How an AP Reporter Broke the Tuskegee Syphilis Story
Fifty years ago, Jean Heller revealed the horrifying truth that the US government had been denying hundreds of Black men treatment so they could study the progress of the disease.
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- Stanley Engerman, Co-Author of Controversial History of American Slavery, Dies at 87
- Professor Helps Rescue "Lost" Asian American Silent Film
- Canada Day Festivities Spark Controversy over National History
- German Government Panel of Historians Begins Inquiry into 1972 Munich Olympics Killings