SOURCE: Associated Press
Navy Names Ship for Slain Gay Rights Pioneer Harvey Milk
Harvey Milk was forced to resign from the Navy, and his surviving relatives have declined to have his discharge reclassified to preserve memory of the history of discrimination in the armed forces.
SOURCE: Public Books
America Comes Out
A new book evaluates the origins and political evolution of "coming out" in gay America.
SOURCE: LA Times
Postal Service to issue forever stamp commemorating Harvey Milk
It's the first stamp celebrating an openly gay elected official.
San Francisco airport won't be renamed Harvey Milk
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — San Francisco International Airport is not going to be renamed after slain gay rights leader Harvey Milk, after all.Supervisor David Campos says he has abandoned the idea of putting a ballot measure on the city ballot asking voters to approve the name change he proposed in January....
- How Tina Turner Escaped Abuse and Reclaimed her Name
- The Biden Administration Wants to Undo the Damage of Urban Highways. It Won't be Simple
- AAUP: Fight Tooth and Nail Against Florida's Higher Ed Agenda Because Your State is Next
- Texas GOP's Ten Commandments School Bill Fails
- Former Alabama Governors: We Regret Overseeing Executions
- Jeff Sharlet on the Intersectional Erotics of Fascism
- Scholars Stage Teach-in on Racism in DeSantis's Back Yard
- Paul Watanabe, Historian and Manzanar Survivor, Makes Sure History Isn't Forgotten
- Massachusetts-Based Historians: Book Bans in Florida Affect Us, Too
- Deborah Lipstadt's Work Abroad as Antisemitism Envoy Complicated by Definitional Dispute