SOURCE: The Guardian
by Susanna Rustin
Novelist who knew Hiss for more than three decades has written a personal history that accuses president of fitting him up as a communist spy
SOURCE: WaPo Letters to the Editor
The papers implicate Alger Hiss in espionage. But another letter writer claims that Weinstein got facts wrong in his book on Hiss.
SOURCE: The American Interest
by Walter Russell Mead
Hiss is the quintessential liberal establishment elite (and closet communist).
by Ronald Radosh
Credit: Wiki Commons.Originally printed in the Weekly Standard.
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time