Meghan Markle, The Royal Family, Right Wing Media Animus and The Specter of Deeply Entrenched Racism!
by Elwood Watson
"Whatever potential shenanigans the public relations team at Buckingham Palace has, or rather had, planned to combat the Winfrey interview, it would certainly be wise for them to say nothing now."
SOURCE: Public Seminar
by Claire Potter
What, exactly, did we learn about racism from Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview? Perhaps the unspoken parts of the story are important.
Oprah giving $12M to new African-American museum
WASHINGTON (AP) — Oprah Winfrey is giving $12 million to a museum being built on Washington's National Mall that will document African-American history, officials said Tuesday.The media mogul and former talk-show host previously gave $1 million to the National Museum of African American History and Culture, and the museum says her $13 million total contribution is its largest to date. As a result, the museum's 350-seat theater will be named after Winfrey, who is also a member of its advisory council.Construction on the $500 million museum began in early 2012. When it's finished in 2015, the museum will be the 19th Smithsonian museum. The U.S. government is providing half of the funding. To date, about $140 million has been raised in private funds....
- An Amateur Historian Helped Find Richard III's Remains Under a Parking Garage. Her Story Hits the Screen
- Why LAUSD Teachers Walked Out
- The Role of US Evangelicals in Radicalizing Ugandans Against LGBTQ Rights
- Culture Warrior Chris Rufo is DeSantis's Most Important Ally
- Vince McMahon's Control of Pro Wrestling's History Key to Controlling its Present