What's in Store for American Religion When Faith in God is Waning?
by J.L. Tomlin and Thomas Lecaque
Two historians address the recurrent American preoccupation with gauging the nation's religiosity and issuing dire warnings about the disastrous results of a decline in piety.
SOURCE: Los Angeles Times
How Ron Reagan, Son of a True Believer, Became an Atheist
How did a son of Republicans Ronald and Nancy Reagan become an “unabashed atheist”? And how did the parents take that?
The “New Atheism” Shtick
by Tim Whitmarsh
There’s nothing new about the new atheism.
Secularization of America: Is the Latest Pew Poll Really a Big Deal?
by Brent Nongbri
Bible and rosary image via Shutterstock.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"