SOURCE: The New Republic
by Andrew Lanham
Brian Hochman shows that the white backlash to civil rights and racial justice protests helped to undermine longstanding civil libertarian opposition to electronic surveillance and normalize the idea of the government spying on Americans.
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Julian E. Zelizer and Morton Keller
In the latest entry in their ongoing conversation, two historians debate the significance of the president’s wiretapping claims.
by Tom Engelhardt
You may have secrets, but you are not a secret -- and you know it.
- United Ireland "Closer Now than it's Ever Been"
- Libraries Do Face Attacks, but Not Like the "Freedom Libraries" of 1964
- The Writer of "The Onion" SCOTUS Brief Takes Parody Seriously
- Religious Colleges on Front Lines of "Critical Race Theory" Battles
- Marfa, TX School to Become National Historic Site Preserving Story of Segregated Mexican Americans