PHILADELPHIA — It is the comic book cover that captured the grim visage of an older, wiser — and meaner — Batman.Now, the 1986 pen and ink creation — drawn by writer/artist Frank Miller — that is the cover to “The Dark Knight Returns” No. 2 will be sold next month in Dallas by Heritage Auctions.It’s the first cover from DC Comics’ 1986 four-issue “Dark Knight” miniseries to be sold and is expected to go for more than $500,000.Miller’s story “radically altered the direction of comics,” said Todd Hignite, Heritage’s vice president....
- How the Pandemic and Anti-Asian Violence Spurred 2 States to Change History Lessons
- Is Old Music Killing New Music?
- Will SCOTUS Take the Opportunity to Ban Race-Conscious Admissions?
- One National Republican Wants (Narrow) Action to Tighten up Electoral Count Act
- New Film "Munich" Offers Revised and (Somewhat) Sympathetic Portrait of Chamberlain