SOURCE: Comedy Central
Historian Mary Frances Berry discusses misconceptions about Martin Luther King, Jr., the essential role of protests in politics and her book "History Teaches Us to Resist."
by David Burzillo
Judge Andrew Napolitano's ugly views on Lincoln and the Civil War draw upon a long history of libertarian arguments.
Manisha Sinha: Judge Andrew Napolitano is Wrong, Wrong, Wrong about Lincoln and the Civil War [VIDEO]
by David Austin Walsh
The University of Massachusetts historian went on "The Daily Show" last week to rebut Napolitano's claim that Lincoln could have prevented the Civil War by buying up all the slaves.
SOURCE: Kansas City Star
Don’t underestimate the reach of “The Daily Show.”After Jonathan Sperber, a University of Missouri history professor, appeared on the show in April to discuss “Karl Marx: A Nineteenth-Century Life,” his biography of the German philosopher and revolutionary, he heard from several old friends. “That included the girl I had a crush on in 1966,” Sperber said recently....
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel