SOURCE: UCONN Magazine
History professor Manisha Sinha’s history lessons tell the truth about slavery in the United States.
SOURCE: The New Yorker
by Jelani Cobb
Blaming violence in Chicago on the Democratic Party or welfare is nonsensical.
The 13th Amendment states: “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”
SOURCE: The Atlantic
by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Kanye West wants freedom—white freedom.
His name: Ulrich B. Phillips, Columbia University history professor at the turn off the 20th century.
by Kate Clifford Larson
I’m a Harriet Tubman historian. There’s a lot that West got wrong.
SOURCE: Time Magazine
The history’s more complicated than he realizes.
SOURCE: The Root
by Elon James White
Wearing a symbol of hate and calling it artistic integrity proves that the rapper is more ignorant than many already thought he was.
- One Absurdity of Texas's Divisive Concepts Law? Call to Rename Slave Trade as "Involuntary Relocation"
- 3 Law Profs: Connecting Abortion and Voting Rights at SCOTUS
- The Other Cancel Culture: A University Administration Caves to a Conservative Crusade
- Unserved Warrant for Carolyn Bryant Donham's Arrest in Till Lynching Discovered in Box in Courthouse Basement
- 1989-2001: America's "Lost Weekend" When the Nation Blew its Shot at Peace and Prosperity