by Jason Riley
They arrived dirt poor and uneducated in the 1840s. After decades of struggle, they achieved prosperity.
by Steven Knipp
Most Americans come from Northern Ireland including Ulysses Grant and Stonewall Jackson.
by Jonathan Zimmerman
Organizers of St. Patrick's Day parade say it's about celebrating "Irish heritage and culture." Here's the problem.
SOURCE: The Economist
Arthur Guinness, the founder of the brewing dynasty, was a staunch unionist and opponent of Irish nationalism.
by Edward T. O’Donnell
St. Patrick wasn't even Irish.
- John Shelby Spong, 90, Liberalizing Episcopal Leader
- Alabama Begins to Remove Racist Language from State Constitution
- Looking for the Gold Rush Town of Chinese Camp
- "The Eyes of Tammy Faye": When the GOP Got in Bed with the Christian Right
- Can This Group Bring Political Interference Under Control at UNC?